I found the best of both worlds to acknowledge this holiday. Here's a simple tutorial on making a shamrock out of beads. Shamrocks are the symbols for good luck You know that old saying, "with the luck of the Irish they need all the good luck charms they can find." I definitely had a good luck charm with Adam. So here's my Shamrock that I made:
- You can make this by threading approximately twenty-seven beads onto a green chenille stem.
- Twist the ends together about 1 1/2 inches from the end.
- Divide the beads into three groups, twisting the first group into a loop.
- Skip over to the last group of beads and twist them into a loop and finally
- Twist the center group into a loop, forming a shamrock.
You can use this shamrock in so many different ways. Attach a pin and wear it on your clothes. Or add a barrette and wear it in your hair. Add a jump ring and chain and wear it as a necklace. I chose to decorate a frame with a lovely Irish saying:
'The Top o' the
mornin' to you
and may all the
you good luck'
Happy St. Patrick's Day!